Display locations
  • barrieheaton

Re: Display locations

by barrieheaton » March 28th, 2021, 7:41 am

the way browse locations worked on the Old version all with there own page listing the locations for that section.

top level Country
    USA
    second level
    States.
    Third level,
    Counties.
    Fourth level
    Towns.

displaying the wy it is at the moment make the site try slow and difficult to find your town I have set it to 25K locations
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    administrator
    Site Admin

by administrator » March 29th, 2021, 10:44 am

Sharma will be getting back to you shortly but I thought I would add this. The listing count is updated when cron runs. If cron is not running correctly the listing count does not update. This was tested, we removed a listing from a category, added it to a different category, listing count did not immediately update, both categories displayed the same count before the changes were made, until cron was run. You might want to try running all scheduled tasks from the maintenance section and see if anything changes. Either way, we will get it sorted out.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • barrieheaton

by barrieheaton » April 4th, 2021, 7:18 am

We ran the cron no change show on categories but not locations.
    administrator
    Site Admin

by administrator » April 10th, 2021, 9:34 am

We've tried to duplicate this issue in our demo, I've also done a couple of new test MD installs and imports, and have not been able to duplicate the problem. I am assuming you downloaded the 1.0.6 Update version from the forum, uploading and overwriting the existing files on your server, and the subsequent 1.0.6 patches? Only suggestion I have, remove the locations you've imported, make sure all files have been updated, and re-import locations. Are there any warnings/errors in the maintenance error log related to this? When you look at the error log, you might see a lot of errors, most if not all of the issues have been fixed so I would recommend clearing the log file, do the re-import and if anything appears in the error log post it here.
  • barrieheaton

by barrieheaton » May 16th, 2021, 11:58 am

When will the demo be live as this problem is still there
    I have added the locations .CSS

upload and see if you can drill down through country, county and town in locations.

When we release will it be a clean install or will there be an upgrade script from previous versions.

Barrie
  • barrieheaton

by barrieheaton » June 19th, 2021, 10:16 am

Your demo he's not displaying locations correctly.
    if I click on Florida
    https://mydirectoryonline.com/demo/brow ... s.php?id=3

I should see Tampa Bay Florida is the state and Tampa Bay is an area and it isn't showing same with Altamonte Springs

When your visitors are looking for something they will click on the state then the town then the product

Barrie